Section AD Briefing
Section AD (Section Analysis & Design) is a comprehensive collection of tools and services to help you analysis and design cross sections.
It is an unique software for early design, virtual testing and optimization of complex crashworthy structures, form perspective of thin walled beams cross sections.
It is especially useful at early stages of the design process when fast assessment of various structural configurations substantially speeds up product development process.
Section AD is probably the best solution for design of energy absorbing sections and simulation of crushing response of arbitrary space frames.
3D Environment features:
- Import / Export / Edit mesh models (file format: .dyna, nastran).
- Fast and easy extraction of cross sections from mesh model.
- Import / Export CAD sections (file format: iges).
- View sections and results in 3D space.
2D Environment features:
Interactive section design tool:
- Easy used tools to design geometry.
- User friendly tools to define, import/export, edit the used property and material.
- Section benchmarking and design target setting.
- Design iterations and design failure mode.
Automatic calculate and display section characteristics in real-time while editing:
- Stiffness (NVH).
- Stress (Durability, Fatigue).
- Crash Safety Strength (Axial, Bending, Torsion, Arbitrarily load specified by user).
- Sensitivity to part thickness.
- Sensitivity to part weight.
- Sensitivity to material.
- Optimizing Recommendations.
- Section Check.
- Compare sections and results.
- Generate output reports.
- Export section for CAD system.
- Accsess, upload, download benchmarking sections, search sections with conditions.
- View section and result in list interface.